Walt Disney World Resort Tips and Tricks
Walt Disney World is situated in Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista, Florida near the city of Orlando. Disney World is indeed the most magical place in the world; it’s pure fun and blissful environment is an escape from the real world stresses and realities we all face day-to-day. To make the most of a trip to Disney and avoid long lines, you need to plan in advance by prioritizing the attractions you most want to experience and follow some of these tips mentioned below!
Tips For Avoiding Long Lines
- Getting your free FastPasses: FastPasses allow you to choose a specific time to ride and skip the long lines. The easiest way to book these is using the My Disney Experience app or website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/login/?returnUrl=/fastpass-plus/logged-in/
- You can easily book up to 3 FastPasses per day 30 days in advance and its advisable to book the fast pass on the first day you are able to since popular rides get taken first. After you use up your third FastPass+ on a given day in the park, take a few minutes to book another FastPass+ on the app on your mobile device or at an in-park kiosk. Keep adding on a FastPass+ until the park closes!
- Arriving at least an hour before the opening: This is also called “rope dropping”. Once the park opens you walk fast to the most popular rides and cut the wait time in half or more depending on how close to the front of the entrance you are!
- The last hour the park is open or during the fireworks is the other best time to hit the most popular rides.
Disney Tips With Little Ones
If you are a little worried about being at the park with littles here are a few tips for families with little ones.
- Strollers: You can stroll around with your babies but keep in mind that all strollers at Disney Worldmust be no larger than 31 inches wide and 52 inches long. Because there are so many strollers and you must park them in front of rides while you wait in line, tying a bright colored bandana will help you find the strollers after the ride or show as they sometimes get moved as well. Even small battery operated string lights isn’t a bad idea to have like these to help you find your strollers at night: https://www.amazon.com/Twinkle-Battery-Powered-2xCR2032-4days-Christmas/dp/B0753HWXW3/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=small%2Bblinking%2Blight&qid=1568652243&s=home-garden&sr=1-4&th=1
- Rider Switch: This allows members of a group caring for children to take turns for rides and get a FastPasses for those members waiting with children. Here is how it works, go to the cast members at the start of each line and let them you know want to do a “rider switch”. They will then allow one adult in your group go through the regular line and go on the ride while the other adults wait with the children. Once the first rider goes on the ride the other adults waiting with the children can then use a FastPass+ to go through that ride avoiding the long line!
Disney Parks, Rides and Eats
Disney World in Orlando, Florida has four main parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. Each park has its own amazing setup of numerous rides and eating enjoyment options. Here are some of the famous rides and eats from each park not to miss.
Magic Kingdom Rides and Eats
Popular rides at Magic Kingdom:
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
Popular Eats at Magic Kingdom:
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn in Frontier land is among the top pick for eating at Disney World on a budget. The price is right and given you also get to sit in air conditioning while you eat and cool get to cool down it is a no brainer in the summer months! For you little price and princess eating at Cinderella’s Royal Table is one for the books. You are greeted by Cinderella herself with the opportunity to get pictures with her without the crowds, which is a really magical. Breakfast is a good option because you can also meet the Fairy Godmother, Suzy, Perla and other princesses. Reservations are required and should be made in advanced. Last to mention here is Aloha Isle! This place is not a restaurant but does have some of the best snacks in the park. But the reason this place has a cult following is for its infamous Pineapple Dole Whip that can’t be missed, especially on a hot day!
Animal Kingdom Rides and Eats
Popular rides at Animal kingdom:
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Kali River Rapids
Animal Kingdom has the most vegetarian-friendly food in all of Disney World. Starting with breakfast you might enjoy a giant Mickey cinnamon roll at Kusafiri Bakery. For lunch at Satu’li enjoy a crispy fried tofu bow or vegan bowl! On a hot day, whether you are vegetarian or not you won’t want to miss the Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich you can get at Tamu Tamu! However for the carnivores among us you will love the Korean BBQ Ribs at Yak and Yeti. At Harambe Market don’t miss the Friend Sausages, friend in curried corn batter and served with green papaya slaw and blacked-eyed pea, corn and tomato salad! YUM! For a sit down experience that truly is an experience make reservations days or weeks in advanced for the Rain Forest Café with fish tanks, indoor thunderstorms and jungle animals that move all around this is a fun place for lunch or dinner! The Rasta Pasta is my favorite dish!
Epcot Rides and Eats
Popular rides in Epcot:
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Mission: SPACE
- Frozen Ever After
With all the countries to visit in Epcot the food options are as diverse the world itself! Here are two options for the solo or the couples among us. First stop, San Angel Inn in Mexico is perfect to have a romantic candlelight meal under the stars overlooking a river, temple, and volcano. Another option for couples is the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie located Epcot’s France Pavilion. It has pastries galore and more intimate seating so you will fall in love all over again. With limited seating it’s a place you might want to hit up both those place early to not have a long wait for a table. For the bigger groups Biergarten, located in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion is a great choice with a unique atmosphere, live music, wide variety of beers and a yummy buffet to let you try lot of typical German eats you wont want to miss this experience! Another great option for big groups or a group with kids is Teppan Edo restaurant in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion. The hibachi-style meal brings food and fun together as only Disney can do. Make sure you make advance-dining reservations ahead of time for this place in order to have a seat!
Hollywood Studios Rides and Eats
Popular rides in Hollywood Studios:
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock n Roller Coaster
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The food at Hollywood Studios isn’t as renowned as the other parks and with the evening amazing Fantasmic Show most travelers opt out of focusing on dinner experience in lue of the show. However for a really hip lunch experience the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is a well-known and super fun! It is modeled after a 1950’s dine-in movie theatre, the tables are like sitting in a 50’s automobile, the waitresses roll up to take your order and Sci-Fi movies play on the big screens. For a place that has less theme but bigger tastes the ABC Commissary located on Commissary Lane is the place for you! The food is consistently delish with a diverse menu from salads to seafood! It is a quick service restaurant with air conditioning that makes it’s a relaxing spot to fuel up for the rest of the day in the park!
What is your favorite ride or eats in Walt Disney World? Comment below!