Mad Men Beach House Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you provide Linens and Towels? No. We have debated this for years now but in order to keep the cleaning fee down for all our guest that book with us all year round this seems to be what works best for most of our guests. We would need to almost double the cleaning fee and since we are a drive to market it makes sense for most of our guest to bring their own linens and towels to keep the cleaning fee down. If you would like to rent some sheets and towels we recommend Ocean City Beach and Linen Rental.
- Does your deck have a gate for dogs/children. Yes! It gives much peace of mind which is what we are going for when you stay with us!
- Where can we rent crabbing and/or fishing gear? We recommend Fenwick Tackle . You can rent fishing gear, crabbing gear, or buy what you need there as well! And you DON’T need a fishing license to crab or fish off our dock or Northside Park Pier.
- When are the pool open? Oyster Pool opens Memorial Day weekend. The other pool (Office Pool) typically opens a few weeks after. One pool closes after Labor Day weekend. The other pools stays open through the second weekend in September typically.
- How long is your dock? 30 feet
- Where can I launch my boat? What about my boat trailer? 64th St. Boat Ramp is on 64th St and Seabay Drive. The boat ramp is located at the base of the water tower. The 2-lane ramp is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Launching and retrieving of vessel is free. Pay-to-Park truck/trailer current rate can be found here. You can also put your boat in at Island Watersports Marina: 39084 Harpoon Rd Fenwick Island, DE 19944 . Phone 302-232-5981. If you would like to park your trailer in our driveway or in front of our house you can do so, so long as it is not in front of any of our neighbors properties.
- How many cars can I bring? That all depends on how large your cars are and if you have a trailer and want to park it at the house as well. You can typically park 3 medium sized cars . Two in the drive way and one front of the house on the street. We ask no one parks in front of any of our neighbors yards for any period of time or we will get a text from them and have to call you to move your vehicle. If you have more cars you can park up the street where there are no homes.
- What sized beds are in each room? The Master Suite has a king. The second bedroom has a queen. The third bedroom has two twins and a queen.
- Do you offer early check in or late check out? The answer is most likely no. We are about 95% booked all year round. When we have a back to back reservation the cleaners need the entire time to get the house adequately prepared for each upcoming guest. IF we had a ONE NIGHT vacancy before or after your reservation you are welcome to pay for a 2 hour early check in or late check out for an additional $40. If you want 4 hours it is $80. (It is $40 every two hours.) You can check our calendar here : Mad Men Beach House Calendar and check your dates to see if there is a one night vacancy before or after your stay to see if an early check in or late check out is possible. If there are two night vacancy there is a 95% chance it will get booked. It is only if there is a ONE night vacancy an early check in or late check out is possible. If it is and you would like to pay to have a late check out or early check in please send me a text 301-275-9078. There is no exception to this unfortunately. Our cleaner needs the whole time on back to back turnovers.
- When does the movie projector agreement get sent? The movie projector agreement gets sent in an automated email/message 3 days prior to your arrival. This is just so all the information is fresh in your mind and easily accessible right before your trip.
- Can we get amazon packages? YES!
- What is your cancellation policy for a direct booking reservation? Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 100% refund for cancellations made 45 days before check-in. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 30 days-44 days before check in. No refunds for cancellations made within 29 days before check-in. Cleaning fees and taxes are always refunded if the reservation is canceled before check-in.
- What kind of coffee maker do you have? Our coffee maker has both the keurig single cup capacity as well as a traditional drip capacity.
- What baby items do you have? We provide a real wood CRIB in the master suite and also an additional pack and play too. We have a booster/high chair seat, bumbo, stroller and toys.
- Do you provide a return guest discount? We DO offer a return guest discount to guests that leaves the house in great condition for our cleaners and who clicks the box in the pre-arrival form asking about future discounts.
- Are there many things opened in the off season? One reason Ocean City is so popular is because there is so much to do and so many amazing restaurants to choose from! In the off season, yes a lot does shut down, BUT we find there are still so many amazing restaurants that stay opened all year round with amazing off season discounts such as Longboard Cafe, Hooked, The Original Crabcake Factory, Liquid Assets, and The Crab Bag (for all you can eat crabs). As for things to do: Alley Oop is opened all year round, Old Pro Golf indoor course is opened daily mid March-Oct 1 then weekends the rest of the year, Burley Oak Brewing Company is opened daily all year round, and we love just walking around Berlin, Maryland, the OC boardwalk, Assateague Island and the beach in the off season as well. We have had guests take the Kayaks out in December and in February too! Lastly, Northside Park is only a short walk away which is great for kids and dogs all year round. The Winterfest of Lights at the park is a must in the off season as well!
Contact Us Now
If you have any questions regarding the area, the property or availability please drop us a line
We are here to help
Lets Get Social
Or call/text Rebecca: 301-275-9078