Mad Men Lake House Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you provide firewood? We do provide one bundle for your stay with us! If you want to purchase more most gas stations and groceries stores sells firewood by the bundle to purchase in and around Deep Creek. If you want to save some money and plan to want a lot of firewood call Jonathan Hamilton. He sells 1/4 cord for $50 which includes delivery and would do smaller amounts if you picked up. His number is: +13016167766.
- Do you provide sheets and towels? Yes we provide sheets and bath towels. You may want to pack beach/hot tub/lake towels if you want extra towels for your stay.
- Can we have a Mid Stay Clean? We have two options for a mid stay clean. Option 1: House clean without laundry of linens and towels: $229 This entails: Wiping down surfaces, dusting, sweeping, moping floors, bathrooms cleaned, beds made. (at least 3 hours required). Option 2: House clean as described above WITH linens and towels washed: $289 (at least 4 hours required) *Adults can be present during the clean but children and dogs may not be on the same floor as the cleaner as she is cleaning. *Dishes and removing trash are not included. *24 hour notice is helpful to schedule and the sooner you can and you can let me know the date you wish to have the extra clean the better. Please text me the date and time that work for you and I will coordinate with the cleaner and let you know if that time or another time will work. *Payment for the extra clean is due when it is scheduled with me. If you cancel the extra mid stay clean you will get a full refund but please let me know as soon as possible as my cleaner refuses other paying cleaning jobs to schedule these mid stay cleans for us and we want to respect her schedule. *You can pay me via venmo, paypal, zelle, cashapp or check. *If you want to have this scheduled please shoot me a text or give me a call: 301-275-9078
- Is there grocery delivery? We provide two Grocery Delivery options (Instacart is not up at Deep Creek Lake and Walmart does not delivery to our location):
- Arrival Day Grocery Delivery: Our cleaner will do a grocery Walmart pick up and will deliver to the house the morning of your arrival day, putting items in the fridge and pantry for a $75 fee. Just shop on their website and make the Oakland, Maryland Store your store (address: 13164 Garrett Hwy, Oakland, MD 21550). You need to let me know 24 hours before check in if you want this service. Pick up needs to be 9:30 the morning of your arrival day. You can pay me via venmo: @madmenvacations (cell is 301-275-9078)
- After arrival Grocery Delivery: Our cleaner will do a walmart pick up and do a front door drop off for $65. You need to let me know 24 hours in advanced and let me know pick up time you prefere. I will coordinate with my cleaner if that time works and if it doesn’t I can let you know other times that work for pick up and delivery. If you want the cleaner to come into to put items in fridge and pantry the price is $75.
- Can you get amazon packages? Package delivery to Mad Men Lake House is hit or miss. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn’t. We do have a Walmart 20 minutes away. Bear Creek Traders is right up the street and also has a lot of items you may be looking for in a pinch.
- When does the dock go in and out? In general, docks start to go in at Deep Creek Lake the first week of April but there is no firm date when they arrive at Mad Men Lake House. It could be the first week of April or it could be the last week. They should be in by the end of the month. The dock leave Mad Men Lake House at the end of October.
- Do you offer early check in or late check out? The answer is most likely no. We are about 95% booked all year round. When we have a back to back reservation the cleaners need the entire time to get the house adequately prepared for each upcoming guest. IF we had a ONE NIGHT vacancy before or after your reservation you are welcome to pay for a 2 hour early check in or late check out for an additional $50. If you want 4 hours it is $100. (It is $50 every two hours.) You can check our calendar here : Mad Men Lake House Calendar and check your dates to see if there is a one night vacancy before or after your stay to see if an early check in or late check out is possible. If there are two night vacancy there is a 95% chance it will get booked. It is only if there is a ONE night vacancy an early check in or late check out is possible. If it is and you would like to pay to have a late check out or early check in please send me a text 301-275-9078. There is no exception to this unfortunately. Our cleaner needs the whole time on back to back turnovers.
- When does the movie projector agreement get sent? The movie projector agreement gets sent in an automated email/message 3 days prior to your arrival. This is just so all the information is fresh in your mind and easily accessible right before your trip.
- Do I need 4WD vehicle? In the winter months it is required to use our driveway. We do have parking at the top of our steep hill if you have guests in the group that do not have all wheel drive.
- What is your cancellation policy for a direct booking reservation? Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 100% refund for cancellations made 45 days before check-in. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 30 days-44 days before check in. No refunds for cancellations made within 29 days before check-in. Cleaning fees and taxes are always refunded if the reservation is canceled before check-in.
Where can I buy fishing gear, minnows and worms? From what I know now you can buy gear, worms and minnows from this local fishing shop: Trusouth24586 Garrett Hwy #106 McHenry, MD 21541
How do I launch my boat and what about my boat trailer? The boat launch area at Deep Creek Lake State Park is open 24 hours a day weather permitting. Visitors may call the park’s headquarters(301) 387-5563, the Discovery Center(301) 387-7067 or the park duty ranger (240-405-9827) ahead of time to see if the boat ramp is open. You are allowed to park your boat trailer at the top of our hill 6 feet from the road or in our driveway but it is considered a vehicle in the 6 vehicle max allowed.
- What kind of coffee maker do you have? Our coffee maker has both the keurig single cup capacity as well as a traditional drip capacity.
- What baby items do you have? We provide a crib in the upstairs master suite. We also offer two additional pack and plays. We have a booster/high chair seat, bumbo, and toys.
- Do you provide a return guest discount? We DO offer a return guest discount to guests that leaves the house in great condition for our cleaners and who clicks the box in the pre-arrival form asking about future discounts.
Contact Us Now
If you have any questions regarding the area, the property or availability please drop us a line
We are here to help
Lets Get Social
Or call/text Rebecca: 301-275-9078